— In a bunch of people —
” We have registered ourselves for Hajj” said first lady
“This is a blessing” an other lady.
“Yeah, it was written once you went to do Umrah” – third lady
“I wish to do second umrah” – third lady
“May God gives you hundreds of opportunities to let you do Umrahs” – fourth lady, Who has done two Umrahs already
“People are committing suicides because of hunger and you are going on Umrahs? ” a 30 year old man said.
“Why? why don’t we go! why don’t you pay them? ” Fourth lady
a couple of minutes later…..
“Write my name over kaaba as we get a call next year” – third lady
” Oh yes i will make sure, I will hope that i get opportunity over opportunity to do Umrahs” – first lady
“You should give this money to poor people, who actually need your money” – I said.
“Haaaa, Bus!!! God send us cheques for Umrahs” – third lady said.
“Oh really? why don’t you give those cheques to poor? ” – I said.
“No you can’t give those cheques to them, they are specially for Umraahs” – Third lady said.
- If God sends cheques to people for Umrahs, why don’t He send them to people who are hungry, dying for water, engaged with deadly diseases?
- If some one’s kid is hungry or sick, a person prefers spending his money on his nourishment or treatment, how can a person prefer going on umrahs over and over again when he knows his fellow country men are dying because of hunger.
- Do our God really need our countless Umrahs?
- Hajj is only mandatory once in a life time, then why again and again?
- “Haquqal ibad”, rights of human are before “Haquq- ullah” in Islam.
I am not against Hajj or Umraah, its just about countless Hajjs and Umraahs. I love Holy Prophet (PBUH) but he always loved who loved his fellow beings.
“Kabay kis munh se jao gay Ghalib
Sharam tum ko mager nahein ati.”